TP5K Monene.mu

Please type your comments directly in the reply box - DO NOT copy/paste text from somewhere else into the reply boxes - this will also copy the code behind your copied text and publish that with your reply, making it impossible to read.  Our apology for the inconvenience, but we don't see a convenient way of fixing this yet.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mat Hudson 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Admin Mediterra
    Keymaster

Monene Murray
    Participant

Hello Matt,

I am not sure exactly which date indicated at registration I will start the 5k training plan?

I have started to read through the plan, and have the following question on a statement in the Objectives section: ” Your first objective is to reach a suitable stroke length and to maintain it for the entire distance. That SL may be about 50% to 60% of you height/wingspan”

My height is 1.64 m and therefore I need to aim a SL for 0.82m to 0.984m?

That means, for a 25 m pool, 30 to 25 (round down) per pool length.

Do I understand this correctly?

- Monene

Mat Hudson
    Keymaster

This chart is what we use to estimate an appropriate stroke count for you in a 25 m pool.. There are several factors that may influence what stroke count is appropriate for you in certain conditions and for certain events (sprints or long distance, for example).

This chart assumes a person is taking their first stroke at the backstroke flags (5m). Perhaps you are starting to stroke at 4m (as many do). So you would add one stroke to this estimate.

With what I have seen so far in your video, you may aim for and SPL range from 21-23. You noted that you are taking 26-28 strokes per length currently. So, this gives us an idea of what you will be aiming for over the next weeks and months. You may set an initial goal of working towards 24 SPL.

~ Coach Mat

Monene Murray
    Participant

Thank you for the diagram Mat. I now understand better.

Just for information – I am 1.64m in height.

I will work towards the 24 SPL as a target.

- Monene

Mat Hudson
    Keymaster

Thanks. I saw later that you already wrote your height in your notes in the other section.

We will continue our discussion about your VSC progress in your VA discussion.

~ Coach Mat

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.