Request Improvements

Forums Virtual Swim Club Request Improvements

Please type your comments directly in the reply box - DO NOT copy/paste text from somewhere else into the reply boxes - this will also copy the code behind your copied text and publish that with your reply, making it impossible to read.  Our apology for the inconvenience, but we don't see a convenient way of fixing this yet.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Admin Mediterra
    Keymaster

Please share your observations and ideas for how we might improve the Virtual Swim Club practices.

Kate Taylor

Looking at the TT cycles at Level B and C I think the times may also not be quite right as there are more repeats than level A so the maths doesn’t quite work out as it is written (unless I’m not understanding something!)

- Kate

Mat Hudson
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting these!!!

We fixed the link to the ‘Tempo Pyramid’ article in that post.

If you are referring to Tempo Practice 1.2 here is how we’ve calculated the distances so we can compare notes and see if we have an error or a misunderstanding in the terminology. Sometimes we get lost in transferring numbers from design notes to web page so I am double checking

Main Set 1

r = rounds, c = cycles

Level A – 3r x 2c x (1x 75) = 450

Level B – 3r x 2c x (1x 100) = 600

Level C – 3r x 2c x (1x 150) = 900

Main Set 2

Level A – (4c x (2x 25)) + ((3c x (2x 25)) = 350

First cycle tempo goes from  TC to TC -0.06, then second cycle tempo goes from TC-0.04 to TC

Level B – (5c x (2x 25)) + ((4c x (2x 25)) = 450

First cycle tempo goes from  TC to TC -0.08, then second cycle tempo goes from TC-0.06 to TC

Level C – (6c x (2x 25)) + ((5c x (2x 25)) = 550

First cycle tempo goes from  TC to TC -0.10, then second cycle tempo goes from TC-0.08 to TC

Do you still perceive an error, or did this clarify the code language we use?

~ Coach Mat

Kate Taylor

Maybe it’s the way I’m reading it.

main set 1 level A

5 cycles of (2x 25)

Slow tempo by +0.05 on each cycle, start at Tempo TC, finish at TC + 0.20  – makes sense to me.

Main set 1 Level B and C

6 cycles of (2x 25),

Slow tempo by +0.05 on each cycle,  Start at Tempo TC, finish at TC + 0.20  – shouldn’t this be TC +0.25 as it’s 6 cycles?

Similarly for speed up Level A

4 cycles of (2x 25),

Speed up tempo by -0.05 on each cycle, start at Tempo TC + 0.15, finish at TC – ok makes sense.

Level B and C

5 cycles of (2x 25),

Speed up tempo by -0.05 on each cycle, Start at Tempo TC + 0.15, finish at TC

As it’s 5 cycles, shouldn’t the start be TC + 0.20?

- Kate

Kate Taylor

Sorry – copying and pasting seems to have picked up all the formatting as well  🙁

- Kate

Mat Hudson
    Keymaster

Kate, I think you questions point out how we need to improve the description.

This is what is meant in the set –

Round 1 tempos for 6 x (2x 25):

• TC
    • TC+.05
    • TC+0.10
    • TC+0.15
    • TC+0.20
    • TC+0.25

Round 2 tempos for 5x (2x 25):

• TC+0.20
    • TC+0.15
    • TC+0.10
    • TC+0.05
    • TC

In this particular assignment there is one less cycle in Round 2, therefore the starting tempo is one step lower. When you get to the ‘tip’ of the pyramid, you only work at that tempo once, on the end of Round 1.

If there two rounds had the same number of cycles, then in Round 2 we’d need to start on the same TC+0.25  that we finished with on Round 1.

But I will double check our numbers and possibly insert a chart or list of tempos to make it more apparent how it is meant to work.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

~ Coach Mat

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.