Training Plan 6.5K – April 2018 – Fishlike Team

Forums Coaches Forum Training Plan 6.5K – April 2018 – Fishlike Team

Please type your comments directly in the reply box - DO NOT copy/paste text from somewhere else into the reply boxes - this will also copy the code behind your copied text and publish that with your reply, making it impossible to read.  Our apology for the inconvenience, but we don't see a convenient way of fixing this yet.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mat Hudson
    Keymaster

This is where the Fishlike Coach Team can ask questions and discuss the training plan we are creating for the upcoming 6.5K race in 22 April.

I have given you all access to the Training Plan 6.5K in our Dojo. I wrote this plan with our intention for creating a Fishlike program in mind.

The TP 6.5K is 12 weeks (3 months) long, divided into 3 training cycles that gradually increase the volume (distance per week) and challenge of the training.

You will notice that I have assigned two skill projects per week, with the option for the coach or swimmer to choose a different skill project that what I have assigned. The projects start with simple body and stroke skills and work toward more complex skills.

I have included some necessary reading and some optional reading, with links to articles in our Dojo library. The swimmers do not need to read the optional articles, but they may have questions later on that these articles answer. As coaches you should look at the topics available so that later on, if you are asked questions and do not know the answers, you may come back to these articles to see if there are answers already in our library.

You will need some time to study the Training Plan 6.5K and envision how to transfer it to your program. I am ready to read and respond to questions.

~ Coach Mat

Tang Siew Kwan
    Participant

Thanks Mat for all the effort of assisting Team Fishlike to put everything together for the 6.5 km program.  Is there any article or video that can improve the knowledge of the team?

The marketing team are putting everything together to launch this project on 29 Jan 4pm Singapore time.

I am encouraging the coaches Team to ask questions here after reviewing your training plan.

Coach Fish Tang

- Tang

Mat Hudson
    Keymaster

To this point I have had only two other coaches using our training plans on the Dojo. But they have worked with me for some years and understand how we do our training so I have not had to create extra articles or videos to explain things to them.

But your coaching team is providing an opportunity for us to see what the training plan looks like to ‘new eyes’ – I need to hear from them questions and ideas so that I know what to improve, to make it easier to use these training plans. I am eager to quickly make new videos, or point to existing articles in my library, or make new ones to respond to the questions and feedback your coaches give me.

They can either leave those questions here in the forum, email me, or you can talk with them behind the scenes and then compose a report or request for me and I will create or provide what you need.

~ Coach Mat

Jenny Leong

Dear Mat,

Possible to build a glosary list for all the terminology such as SPL, TC , inverted Tempo pyramid and etc..

Thanks a lot.

Mat Hudson
    Keymaster

We have a Glossary Of Practice Terms in the library!

~ Coach Mat

Jenny Leong

Thanks Mat , this is veryuseful. Thanks a lot.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.