What SPL should I use?

Forums Library Training FAQ What SPL should I use?

Please type your comments directly in the reply box - DO NOT copy/paste text from somewhere else into the reply boxes - this will also copy the code behind your copied text and publish that with your reply, making it impossible to read.  Our apology for the inconvenience, but we don't see a convenient way of fixing this yet.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Admin Mediterra
    Keymaster

You can start by looking at this Height/SPL Index to see what SPL is statistically appropriate for your body dimensions.

And you need to know what SPL you are currently using. That will be your first assignment in this step. And deciding on your SPL goal is the second assignment.

Once you get an idea of what SPL you currently use, and what SPL you should ideally use, you can make a decision about aiming for the ideal SPL, or to improve SPL a bit in that direction. If it seems to be within reach in a short time you may aim for your ideal SPL. If your ideal seems too big of a step up, you may aim for an improved SPL, and go through this training process with that. You can go through the steps of this course over and over to continually improve your performance.

If you are coming back through a training course again to improve your pace control even more, or perhaps to retool for a different kind of swim event, you will pick a new SPL goal – which could be a lower SPL or a higher one, within your SPL Green Zone.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘What SPL should I use?’ is closed to new replies.