- 3 rounds of (3x 150) freestyle
- NO rest between repeats – use Gear 2 as active rest
- 30 seconds passive rest between rounds
- Alternate between Gear 2 and ‘Gear 4 at Assigned Tempo’ (out of a scale of 1 to 5 gears)
- On each round G4 tempo descends (gets faster)
- Set Tempo Trainer to assigned tempo.
- Ignore TT beep on G2 segments – swim G2 by feel
- Each round swim (alternate 100 G2/50 G4, 50 G2/100 G4, 150 at G4)
- Round 1: G2 by feel, G4 at Tempo 0.90
- Round 2: G2 by feel, G4 at Tempo 0.87
- Round 3: G2 by feel, G4 at Tempo 0.84
To swim entire distance.
To maintain the assigned tempo.
To hold best full-body synchronization (rhythm) as tempo gets more challenging, as muscles get more fatigued.
In each round, use the relative ease of the Gear 2 tempo segments as ‘rest in motion’.
Possible Failure Points
- Cannot hold tempo (muscular)
- Cannot maintain precision (motor)
- Cannot maintain rhythm, full-body synchronization (motor)